Friday, March 6, 2015

Why this?

I began this blog mostly as a way to write out blog posts for my friend Percy. Here I will describe the trials of trying to get a proper diagnoses and navigating the American Heath Care System. A little background about me so that you know what point of view these posts will be coming from. I am a 25 year old genderfluid person with female parts. I am female in my every day life so I will likely call myself she and her a lot in this blog. Though I prefer to go as Cole online. I've always had what I've described as 'loose joints' as well as depression and high anxiety levels. I've suffered from dislocations, depression, and anxiety for roughly 13 years. In recent years this has turned to skin conditions as well as pain in my joints, mostly brought on by weather shifts. I'm a mother of two and both times I had very difficult pregnancies. To this day there has been no proper diagnosis for me. Though now, more than ever, I am seeking one. I have low income and am below the nations poverty line which puts me on state issued health insurance. These are the issues I'm dealing with ontop of trying to support myself and my children through crafts such as crochet, writing and now a small rabbitry (if you live in South Carolina and would like to purchase a French Angora Rabbit please email me, We would like to begin breeding though that is for a different blog) I have to try and push through pain daily as well as forcing myself through the haze of panic and depression. My life has also been plagued with a series of un-supportive and emotionally abusive relationships, which make it equally hard to focus on health.

I hope that this blog will be enlightening to some, though to some it will likely sound like a lot of whining.

Thank you and my first post shall be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment